Wednesday, May 17, 2006

TWO memes in ONE DAY? WTF?

Two smart cookie bloggers you might like -- Sarah and Jessica -- did this meme, and well, I thought I'd do it to. Some of the questions are far out and self-indulgent, but such is the nature of questionnaires.

When did you last die?

-- The first of several far out questions. I'm going to say last night, when the SB and I saw what we now call "the suicidal tarantula." We noticed a giant hairy tarantula just cold chillin' in the middle of the road when we went out for our dusk-walk. We steered clear because we were a little afraid of its giant hairiness. When we came back s/he was smooshed -- obviously run over by a car. I felt bad that I didn't bother to move it when we saw it, because it did occur to me that it might get run over just hanging in the middle of the road like that.

What gets you out of bed in the morning?
-- Weekends: coffee, and if I've recently been to the store with the yummy apple-lemon-ginger juice, a.l.g. juice. Weekdays: the fear that I should be awake and taking care of something like answering e-mails, filing paperwork for my job...basic anxiety stuff. I hate it.

What became of your childhood dreams?
-- They're still there -- a little bruised, but intact nonetheless.

What sets you apart from everyone else?
-- Another far out question. I empathize with animals so much that it can become disruptive, though I am sure there are others who experience this.

What is missing from your life?
-- organization

Do you think that everyone can be an artist?
-- I think everyone is an artist. But the whole "artiste" label thing is problematic.

Where do you come from?
-- I was born in WISC but I spent my formative years in SC.

Do you find your lot an enviable one?
-- yeah. I'm hella lucky.

What have you given up?
-- shrinking

What do you do with your money?
-- most of it goes to bills and groceries. Also books and art supplies and lip gloss.

What household task gives you the most trouble?
-- all of them. I hate housework. But if I had to single out one it would be dishes.

What are your favorite pleasures?
-- walking and looking at plants and animals, looking at art, getting massages, making out, coffee

What would you like to receive for your birthday?
-- a desk with a thirty-fifty drawers and a HUGE workspace

Cite three living artists whom you detest.
-- See "annoying boys of the week"

What do you stick up for?
-- girls, boys, women, humans, animals

What are you capable of refusing?
-- "thrill seeking" activities, i.e. skydiving, bungee jumping, extreme physical challenges

What is the most fragile part of your body?
-- my eyes

What has love made you capable of doing?
-- hanging up the hang ups

What do other people reproach you for?
-- not calling often enough, not picking up after myself

What does art do for you?
-- Makes me feel hopeful, inspired, humble

Write your epitaph
-- be nice

In what form would you like to return?
-- a shih tzu or a barn swallow


and you?

3 comments:

Elyce said...

a shih tzu??

femme feral said...

I just really like those dogs :)

chris said...

yeah, those dogs rock.

hey, this meme is very cool!

thanks!

best,

chris